Master Class on DC
Amsterdam Innovation Motor (AIM) and the District of Haarlemmermeer is teaming up with the Direct Current Foundation to organize a Direct Current Master Class. This master class will be held on November 9 from 15:30 to 17:30 hrs at the Business Platform.
In this master class you will hear all about the latest developments, opportunities and problems around direct current. In addition, you will meet pioneers on sustainability.
There will also be some Direct Current BV staff members present at this master class as a support team for the Direct Current Foundation.
Participation in the master class is free of charge. For more information on the master class, click here.
Master class on DC Haarlemmermeer
" In 2014, the district of Haarlemmermeer will have the very first innovative DC Grid in Europe. This grid is "the smartest grid in the smart grids,” and it is the most reliable, sustainable and efficient energy grid imaginable. It is unique because it originated from a collaboration between government, industry, and knowledge institutes. The parties have jointly invested in innovation and sustainability, and together they manage this unique project.
The medium-voltage grid based on direct current is unique in many ways. For example, it is powered by locally generated sustainable energy from wind farms and solar PV projects in the region. The district of Haarlemmermeer, Schiphol and the market gardeners, will jointly deliver energy and they are at the same time the users. “ How close is "2014"?
Program Master Class on DC:
- Introduction to What is direct current (DC) and what is alternating current (AC)?
- We live in a direct current world.
- What does direct current mean to the society?
- Movie electric vehicles: power charging with AC versus DC ("Refuel if necessary, power charge if possible").
- Explanation Master Plan DC Haarlemmermeer.
- Master Plan and the "Innovation Program Intelligent Grids".
- Advantages and disadvantages DC.
- What steps should we take towards "2014".
- Discussion and questions.